Monday, August 27, 2007

Credit Cards

Like most people I use my credit card online to purchase goods and services, normally I have a bet on a saturday online for around £10.

The past few weeks I have been depositing £10 without any problems but in the space of 3 days I was charged

£7.50 for 3 different transactions with WilliamHill.
£5.00 for buying 2 items with my card through John Lewis.
£2.50 for my eBay fees for selling goods.
£2.50 for buying an item through Amazon.

So I went into the Lloyds Haymarket branch and was told all the businesses I have mentioned must have moved their offices to Southern Ireland between the 3 days I was getting charged and then moved the offices back after those 3 days! I decided to get a second opinion and was told the exact same by her manager, if it had not of been for money I would have laughed.

I then thought try another branch, so I walked over to the branch across from it and they checked it out and said it was because I was buying virtual goods and currency! They contacted Credit Card services who said the same, so in 3 days the rules have changed and then changed back.

Here is a tip, avoid Lloyds across from the Civic Centre in Newcastle and when you buy a fridge freezer from John Lewis remember its virtual and you cannot really put anything in (according to Lloyds anyway).

No comments: